Monday, September 8, 2008

The Big Day

Well, on August 23, 2008 Erin and I were married! Thanks to a lot of help from my family we had an amazing wedding. My family has owned a catering company longer than I've been alive. So that made all the wedding planning really easy. My mom took care of all the floral, my dad the photography. My grandma Jeanie made our cake which was amazing!!! And the rest of the family my aunt Lorie especially helped out with all the other food. I really owe a ton to my family for all their help. The wedding was perfect...minus a little bit of stress because Alyssa one of Erin's sisters wasn't on her way yet from Logan. Well, she made it on time and everything went well. I can't believe how long and short standing in the line was. It was crazy not knowing soo many people, but it was cool to see how many people, friends and family, really do support and love us. I'm so grateful for all the friends and family that we do have. It really meant soo much to me and Erin to see soo many people come and congratulate us and wish us luck.

Well...after the reception, all the cake cutting and everything it was time to get on our way. My parents were nice enough to buy a room for us in Park City for a couple of nights. On our way there parking was terrible, not to mention it was impossible to find our hotel on main st. We figured it'd be easy to see...well we drove up and down main st. like 8 times trying to find it...yeah it wasn't embarrassing at all I mean with our car completely covered with the shaving cream and window paint of being newleyweds....it was fun. Well we found everything and got into our room. To shorten the story our stay in Park City was fun, we hit the alpine slide and the new coaster and it was just an all around great time together :)

1 comment:

mostly perplexed mama said...

Hi!
Just wanted to say my name is Erin Devey too...weird!
e